Thursday, May 10, 2012

Slacking Off

So that 10 mile run that was supposed to happen Saturday while we were out of town?  Got pushed to Sunday morning, and then got skipped altogether.  *sigh*  Oh well, I still have time for 10 this weekend, and it absolutely must get done, since I need to taper (from what, I don't know, since my running has been practically non-existent lately!) after that for the race on June 3.

I did finally manage to go running yesterday morning, after a 1.5 week hiatus.  I only did 2 miles, but it felt like quite the accomplishment because I actually dragged myself out of bed at 6AM to get it done.  I had been having some hip discomfort on the left side, which happens when I've been inactive for a long period of time (usually this happens on the right side, though).  That, coupled with the fact that I hadn't worn my orthotics since Friday morning made my run pretty mediocre, and my feet burned pretty badly for a while during the run.  That'll teach me to ignore my PF, huh??

I'm planning to run 2-3 miles tonight, and then I have my 10 miles to do on Saturday morning.  Luckily I'll be with my team, and the marathoners are doing 20 this weekend, so there'll be plenty of support.  I'm also getting excited about my duathlon training, which will probably start next week.  I'm planning to participate in my first duathlon on July 22, in celebration of my 26th birthday (July 21).  It is a 2 mile run, 9.5 mile bike, 2 mile run.  After that I'm also planning on a 15k in September and a half in October, so I'm really hoping to get back in the swing of regular training.  Hopefully adding in some crosstraining and cycling will keep me motivated and injury-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment