Monday, May 14, 2012

10 miles - DONE!

Finally, I got my ten-miler in.  I went into the run knowing that I had to get the miles in no matter what happened.  I made sure and ate something beforehand.  I wore shorts I knew wouldn't ride up.  I used Body Glide on my armpit where my sports bra likes to rub.

And, it went really well!  We took a slightly different course than usual, which was kind of nice.  Around mile 7 we got totally drenched by a sudden (though not unexpected) downpour, which left me squishing in my shoes for the last 3 miles.  It was the perfect temperature for running in the rain, though, so it was kind of nice!

I didn't have any foot pain during my run, which was pretty exciting!  I only took one longer-than-usual walk break, and stopped to walk for ~30 seconds a few times in the middle of a run interval, but that's pretty much par for the course when I do 10+ miles, so I'm OK with it.  Our overall pace was about 14:45/mile, which is about 40 seconds slower per mile than my last few long runs.

I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll do OK in San Diego.  I will probably be running alone (The Husband isn't coming, and I don't have another running partner on the team), which will be a first.  I'm hoping I can stay motivated and pace myself OK!  I should probably have practiced running alone more, though.

I'm planning on doing a couple of short runs this week, and then probably do 8 or so on Saturday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment