Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prophesy Fulfilled

I *knew* my luck was running out with excellent long runs, and this Saturday's scheduled 10 miler proved that was true.

Firstly, I didn't fuel properly.  Then, it was too humid, which made me have to stop and catch my breath, a LOT.  Also, for some reason my new Asics fitted shorts were riding up, causing me to have to pull them out of my nether regions repeatedly, despite the fact that they didn't do that at all on my 8-miler a few weeks ago.  Finally, the humidity was also causing sports bra chafage.  All of this plus my already sub-par attitude at the beginning of the run lead to me cutting my run short at only 4 miles.  I let The Husband continue on, since I didn't want to drag him down with me, and he got in almost 9 miles.

Sometimes I think we need runs like that to remind us that we're not invincible, and that not everything is going to go our way every time.  I can appreciate running for that reminder, LOL.

I also volunteered as a Sonic car hop from 8:30AM-6PM on Sunday, so that sort of made up for my shorter workout on Saturday.  I was so sore all over and TIRED by the time we were done.  I ran some mini Fartleks during my shift, especially during the Happy Hour rush from 2-4PM.  We earned a lot of money in tips to help fund cancer research, so I call it a job well-done!

I should probably go run a few miles tonight.  Luckily the weather has been pretty great in the evenings this week, so that should be some motivation to get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment