Monday, April 2, 2012

Saturday Long Run - 3/31/12

This weekend's long run was AWESOME! My friend Bio (from Bio Experiments with Running) was in town, so she and The Husband joined me on a 6 mile run. The temperature and breeze were perfect, especially considering it was about 95% humidity during the entire run.

I had no foot pain at all during the run, which was fantastic! We did 6.2 miles in 1:30:54 for an average pace of 14:40 minutes/mile. Not the fastest I've ever run, but it was perfect for me. My foot was a little sore yesterday and this morning, but seems to be recovering pretty well from the run.

I have an easy 2 miles on the schedule for tonight, and a podiatrist appointment to get fitted for my custom orthotics on Wednesday afternoon. I need to add in more stretching throughout the day to aid in my recovery, but overall I'm really happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment