Monday, April 9, 2012

Overwhelmed.

So lately I've been feeling really stressed because of school. I have a lot of things coming due (it's about 4 weeks until finals are over), and between that and wanting to spend some time relaxing with The Husband after he gets home from work, running (and housecleaning, and lots of other things!) tend to fall by the wayside.

Anywho, on Saturday I woke up at 5AM to get ready for my long run and I just wasn't feeling it. At all. I ended up crawling back into bed (with a side of guilt for skipping out on my mentoring duties with Team in Training) and vowing to do my long run on Sunday morning. We got up yesterday morning and went out (after a long time convincing myself that it wouldn't be that bad). I was having some pretty crazy foot and calf pain/tightness during the first mile, which started to loosen up but didn't go away totally. We ended up only doing 4 miles out of the 8 I had planned, but it's better than nothing. Pace was about 15 min/mi. due to a lot of extra walking to give my feet a break.

I'm hoping to get in some more miles than I have been this week, but school is threatening to drown me in homework, so I'm not sure how that's going to go.

1 comment:

  1. ((hugs)) I think you're doing fine! It's hard to fit in the time to run when you have so much other stuff to deal with.

    More ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete