Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Long Run Saturday

Saturday we had our first Team in Training run at our usual location in Grapevine, TX. It was raining, so we skipped the nutrition clinic we were supposed to have and got right down to running. We had four miles on the schedule, so off I went into the rain. The temperature was around 45* I think, with a light but steady rain.

I have only run in the rain one other time, and it was at least 80* that time (and the rain was a lot heavier), so this was a different experience for me. I had a really, really great run! I enjoyed the rain, running in nature (as opposed to in town, as most of my weekday runs are), and running by myself for the first two miles. I forgot my watch, so I don't know what my time was, but everything just flowed. It was awesome!

The 5AM workouts haven't been happening this week yet. I think we'll do a quick 2 miler tonight, and then resume AM workouts on Thursday. Sunday we're running the Cowtown half marathon in Fort Worth - we're woefully underprepared, but we've done several half-marys in the past, so I know we'll be fine, just slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment