Friday, June 22, 2012

My recent runs

So last Saturday I did my first run post-San Diego.  I ran about 2.5 miles, nothing crazy.  My pace, however, was really strange!  I ran negative splits for the first 2 miles, and then ended up walking/running a lot slower the last half mile or so (partly because there is a big hill leading up to the end of the course I usually run on Saturdays, haha).  Anyway, I finished with a pace of 13:31, I believe, which is about a minute faster/mile than I've been running recently.  It was weird!

Monday I went on a bike ride, about a 10 mile loop with my husband.  I tried to do some running after that but only managed about half-1 mile because of the heat (and the rubber grippies on my bike shorts were pulling very uncomfortably on my skin!).

I've been slacking a lot in the fitness department lately, so I'm hoping to do better starting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment